Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Hacks

Hello everyone! Terribly sorry for not posting a lot, it's just that nothing big has been happening lately. Well, okay, one big thing is going around. Actually, two. Two VERY big things. And they both involve hacking.

Now, I cam talk about one of the the topics on here, but the other may be personal. SkyWatcher, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Should I post about the recent happenings anyway, or not? I know that you have mixed feelings on this, and that's why I'm asking you. If you would like to keep it a little more private, just comment on this post, and I will not post about the topic at all! It's up to you.

Anyway, though, the hack I WILL be talking about today is the Skype Hack.

Basically, someone on Animal Jam asks if they can Skype you. I don't know who would be crazy enough to Skype a stranger they met online, but I won't judge anymore. But yeah, once they're Skyping you, they can ask to " share screens", whatever that means. If you agree, they can someone gain your personal information, and - BAM - you're hacked. They can also hack you by sending you a link, and once you click it, you get logged out and hacked. Apparently, soon the hacker may be able to uncover your address, and start threatening you. That's never good.

So my advice for you - although I'm sure you already know this - is to NOT SKYPE WITH ONLINE STRANGERS! It's downright dumb, and it will only get you hacked, scammed, or even worse. I'm not calling any of you guys dumb, but just... be careful. I don't want any others getting hacked. In fact, maybe just stay away from Skype at the moment. It seems to be causing a lot of problems. See, this is probably why my parents said NO to Skype. I'm rather glad they did that now, though.

That's all for this mini-post! Bye bloggers! Please remember to PARTY HARD, STAY SAFE, and JAM ON!

10 comments:

  1. I don't have a skype :P But, indeed, hackers do some strange things to hack. Another Skype hack is (if you have a laptop): someone puts a virus in your computer and they can spy you. I told that to lovekoala248 (IRL ''friend''), but she claimed it's not more dangerous than AJ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Honestly though, hacking pixels? These hackers obviously don't have anything better to do.
      Yikes! Now I'm twice as glad I don't have Skype!

      Delete
  2. Who finds interest in HACKING a KIDS GAME :U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently people who don't have anything better to do. But I would think a hacker would want to steal something more...er...real.

      Delete
  3. Good thing my parents would kill me if I skype anyone. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. The problem is, when I posted about DoorLocked the first time, I was spreading lies as it turns out DoorLocked might actually BE PandaFrogzz. I'm worried cause most authors try to spread the message when something like a hack happens but, what if PandaFrogzz gets shunned because everyone thinks she is trying to get attention with a fake hack when she isn't? Or what if she IS trying to get attention and succeed but, people think she is truly hacked. If you do decide to write about this, leave opinions OUT. Just right about both sides using info from the posts we have. PandaFrogzz's and Nafaria9's. Write the post like a essay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay so, Panda told me she knows DoorLocked in real life and called his parents to get her items back. Nafaria, someone who witnessed the event, says DoorLocked had a scam school and Panda is aware. Couldn't Panda just call Doors parents and get rid of the school? A friend of Panda's states Panda said she was friends with Door. If that's true, why is he hacking her? We have no idea what's correct and I'm afraid there will be 12 different stories running around. That's why I'm afraid of reposting this. Who knows what we're convincing people to think. I just want to keep the original stories there for people to understand. That's why I prefer if you just gave a list of the original posts. And tried not to write about what happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, we don't want even more rumors out there. I will write about what Nafaria and Panda have said, and leave my opinions out of it. I honestly have no idea what to think anyway, and I don't want Panda to get in all kinds of trouble when she might not have done anything. I'll basically just sum up Nafaria's post on this, and add in the information you have said.

      Delete
  6. O.O I would never ever Skype someone that I just met! I mean, that is kinda dumb... XD (sorry) But what if a little kid gets asked that, has Skype, doesn't know it is a bad thing to do, and does it? It's not their fault they didn't understand. D: Ugh, I dislike hackers. :/

    ReplyDelete

WJN Rules Of Commenting:
#1. Please do not comment anything rude, inappropriate, or offensive. If I do receive a comment like this, I won't approve it, so it won't be seen by others, but please don't even try.
#2. Please don't spam on here! It's fine if you advertise your blog, as long as it is Animal Jam related, of course, but too many times, over and over, gets really annoying.
#3. No personal comments please! If I get any comments asking me or someone else, for example, where they live or anything like that, I won't approve them.
#4. This is an Animal Jam Blog. Please don't try to advertise blogs that are not related to AJ, unless it's one I've visited before because there could be something inappropriate on it, even if you think it's safe.
#5. NO RUDE GOSSIP OR HATE OF ANY KIND, ESPECIALLY BEHIND OTHERS' BACKS!
#6. You must love puppies. MUST.
And #7. Follow rules 1-6, and have fun on the WJN! :D